Why are group or association insurance plans less expensive than individual insurance?
Group and association plans are less expensive because the do not offer the same level of coverage or financial protection. With group and association plans:
- You can lose your benefit if you decide to work in another field or position
- Group policies can be changed or cancelled by the insurance company
- Your rates will greatly increase over time with an association plan
- Claims are paid in fewer scenarios because of the limited definition of disability
When is the best time to enroll or upgrade a disability policy?
The best time to enroll or upgrade a disability policy is when you’re young and healthy, because premium and policy eligibility are based on age and health status. When you are younger there is a lower likelihood of pre-existing conditions, along with other serious medical conditions, that can preclude a person from obtaining coverage in the future.
Why should I work with Doctor Insurance Group?
We are experts with over 14 years in the physician insurance industry and have helped thousands of doctors.
- Convenience – we are available via phone or email to answer any questions you have and can even walk you through your application.
- Transparency – we work with all 6 Own Specialty Disability Insurance providers and give you quotes from all of them.
- Simplicity – process your application through our secure client portal from your computer, tablet or phone.
What tools do you have to help make decisions?
We offer multiple tools to help you determine that you have the right coverage:
Do female physicians pay more than men for the same insurance?
Unfortunately yes, women most often will pay more for disability insurance than a man at the same age and in the same specialty. Please read our article regarding the statistics and metrics regarding this: https://doctorinsurancegroup.com/best-disability-insurance-for-female-doctors/
What is underwriting?
Underwriting when an insurance company examines the specifics of your application to calculate an accurate premium for the coverage.
Insurance companies will review, and often ask questions about:
- Past medical history
- Medications that you take or have taken
- Financial records
Read our article on underwriting for more information:
Are there additional feels for using your services?
Absolutely not! Our services and expertise is provided free, and in many cases, a policy through the Doctor Insurance Group will be be less expensive than other insurance brokers.